- Hot job
Salary £65,000 to 75,000
Qualified by experience or qualified
Established, award-winning manufacturing company whose products are produced in the UK and sold globally are recruiting a qualified or qualified by experience Finance Manager to join the finance team on a permanent basis.
This is an amazing opportunity for a qualified or qualified by experience accountant with manufacturing finance experience and team management experience to join a dynamic and fast-paced accounts department. They offer excellent career progression, training and development giving you the opportunity to move up the career ladder. Apply today!
The offices are modern, light and airy close to excellent transportation links near an excellent high street with lovely shops, bars and restaurants - perfect for lunch. This is a great team with a friendly inclusive atmosphere, an excellent open social environment and free parking.
Job Summary of the Finance Manager:
Overall responsibility for finance operation and control at the manufacturing site in South London.
A key part of the role is acting as a trusted business partner to the VP of Operations and commercial and operational team, contributing to the development and execution of strategy, in addition to providing insightful financial information to support effective decision-making.
It should be stressed that given the relatively small team, this is a "hands-on" role and the successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate significant manufacturing finance experience and team management and development skills (8 staff).
The position involves ensuring that effective financial controls are in place, that all financial reporting is accurate and timely, and that forecasts are prepared and reviewed regularly
On daily basis, work closely with Head Office finance team in terms of group reporting, planning and cashflow management.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Oversee all financial operations for South London.
- Develop and implement local financial policies and procedures to ensure effective financial control and compliance.
- Oversee production of monthly management accounts and provide analysis to management on financial performance.
- Prepare effective budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
- Ensure strong controls and processes are in place over the balance sheet and that working capital is effectively managed.
- Manage and develop the accounting team including payroll responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence to all Group deadlines including the timely filing of statutory accounts.
- Manage relationships with external auditors and tax advisors.
- Ensure compliance with local tax and accounting regulations.
- Ensure VAT returns are completed in time and accurately.
- Management and development of the accountancy and information technology systems (including payroll).
- Ensuring effective financial analysis and commercial review of investment and new business proposals.
- Ensure accurate costings are maintained to enable calculation of profitability by product, customer, production line etc.
- Coordinating the Regions risk management activities in line with Group policy and supporting the Group in respect of insurance requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with group processes and procedures.
- Provide financial guidance and support to the management team.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Quali?ed Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA etc).
- Strong and up-to-date technical accounting knowledge (IFRS and UK GAAP).
- Experience in manufacturing finance including standard costing, variance analysis and reporting of operational KPIs.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, complex formulas etc)
- Recent hands-on experience in using integrated ERP systems (Navision/Business Central preferred).