- Hot job
An international high-quality brand is looking for a new German-Speaking Finance Manager to join their team. You’ll be taking command of accounting functions within the UK and Germany, ensuring the successful functioning of the business’ international finance operations. Apply today, interview tomorrow!
Based in central London, the offices have great public transport connections, plenty of restaurants and great routes for a lunch time walk in the summer! The company has a real welcoming environment with a warm friendly team and modern new offices.
This Finance Manager position is a permanent role offering a salary of up to £40,000 pa plus benefits. This is a great role for someone who is looking to work internationally with the option of travel, taking control of a keystone function of the brand, and have a real impact on both the day-to-day running and the future of the business.
As the successful Finance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing financial management information, investigate variances and correct any errors.
- Producing and reconciling project/event funding income and expenditure reports, comparing to budgets and forecasts with variance analysis.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts.
- Ownership of Balance Sheet and P&L.
- Month-end reporting, commentary, and analysis.
- Review and preparation of Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reconcile bank balances, including foreign currencies, on a timely basis and monitor working capital requirements by producing cash flow forecasts.
- Assisting with annual audit and statutory accounts preparation.
- Identify abnormal trends and anomalies in management accounts, and investigate their source.
- Ownership of payroll running.
- Liaising with health insurance providers.
- Liaison with relevant HR/Payroll functions in Germany.
As the successful Finance Manager, you should:
- Full fluency in German (C1 or equivalent).
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA).
- Advanced user of Excel.
- Good knowledge of German tax and accounting laws.
- Excellent knowledge of VAT filings.
- Understanding of hospitality/retail/events marketplace.
- Proven experience of building excellent working relationships with non-financial members of the organisation.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
In return, you will receive a salary of up to £40,000 pa plus a benefits package including potential bonus earnings. This role offers occasional travel to Germany, a cycle to work scheme, and an excellent internal and external training scheme.
To Apply: Click apply to be considered by one of our team of expert consultants! We welcome and consider all applications. We regret that, due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to acknowledge all applicants. Apply today!