- Hot job
For almost 150 years, this multi-award-winning Top 100 Legal Firm has become a true leader on advising on a wide spectrum of legal issues. Now, due to growth, they are looking for a Tax & Accounts Manager to join on the company's most lucrative departments. If you're a qualified accountant & tax expert then this is the opportunity for you!
As the successful Tax & Accounts Manager you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of full and detailed estate accounts, estate tax returns and beneficiary income statements.
- Preparing individual tax returns Co-ordinating tax payments and clearance for individuals and estates.
- Preparing 30-day CGT returns for estates and individuals.
- Assisting with IHT100 returns in relation to Will Trusts.
- Estate and will trust accounting of bank, brokers and dividend information.
- Reconciling to third party and internal accounts records
- Monitoring of client funds
- Tax analysis reports on client's estates.
- Advising clients on best course of action for anything tax related.
- Recommending and championing new ways to manage company finances.
- ensuring that the fees exceed expenses incurred and that projects are profitable.
What you will need to be successful as our new Tax & Accounts Manager:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CTA) and/or a STEP member.
- Have 10+ years' experience working in an accountancy practice or trusts/tax department.
- Have expert knowledge on Income, Gains and Inheritance Tax.
- IT literate, with excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience of using CCH Personal Tax or similar software is essential, and experience of CCH Trust Accounts is an advantage.
- Be an excellent communicator (written & verbal).
- Have a genuine passion for improving processes for the firm and clients alike.
Salary & Benefits: in return you will receive a salary of £55,000-£65,000 per annum plus an extensive benefits package which can be discussed upon application.
To apply: I can be reached via email, please send your CV to apply for the role. Due to the high volumes of applications received, unfortunately we will only be able to respond to those who have been shortlisted for the vacancy.