Leading Residential London Construction Company is recruiting a part time (3 days a week - must be able to work on Wednesday and any other 2 days) assistant accountant to join the growing finance team. They are a leader in their field having won many industry awards. The role requires a good understanding of CIS, VAT and Excel. There is parking available. This is an immediate start role.
- Are you an experienced accountant with Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) experience?
- Can you manage financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments?
- Do you have excellent transactional finance experience?
- Working hours 9:00am to 5:30pm
We are seeking an experienced bookkeeper to take management of the financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
You will be proactive and be able to apply your professional knowledge and expertise in executing all finance-related tasks and improve existing accounting processes.
You must also be proficient in Microsoft Office and have excellent verbal and email communication skills.
The company is a professionally set up construction company specialising in the residential sector with two substantial residential projects in London.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in:
- Recording day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Processing purchase invoices, and supplier’s statements reconciliation
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Pay regular bills for the company
- Preparing of Monthly PAYE/CIS for filing to HMRC
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns to HMRC
- Preparing sales invoices
- Updating bank entries on Navision - Bank Reconciliation
- Performing partial checks of the posting process
- Ensuring financial processes and procedures are being adhered to by all staff, e.g. staff expenses
- Reviewing and updating historic data
- Scanning, photocopying & attaching invoices to the accounts system- Navision
- Entering data, monitoring and maintaining records and launch reports and financial statements as required
- Maintaining a good filing system and deal with financial paperwork
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
What we are looking for:
- You will need to be responsible and accountable and own any problems that may occur and work collaboratively to resolve them.
- It is a busy environment as such you must be able to work quickly, calmly to a high standard and on multiple projects. Not to mention the occasional surprise issue!
- Excellent transactional finance experience
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to changing commercial pressures
- Highly organised with a desire to review, maintain and propose new robust processes and procedures within finance
Skills you need to have:
- Construction Industry Scheme experience is essential
- Experience in MS Navision is desirable but most importantly is a can-do approach and the confidence to throw yourself into a busy, challenging environment with opportunities to work with some of the brightest in the industry.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
£15.00 p/h to £20.00 p/h
Apply here or send your CV through to email@example.com or give me call on 020 8246 4877.