An excellent opportunity for a experience accounts assistant has arise working for a leading, growing and dynamic Retail Services group. Reporting to the Accounts Manager, you will be a key member of the team. Working in a fast paced, friendly and rewarding environment that offers career progression and job satisfaction. This is a initially a 6 month temporary role starting on Monday the 1st of February with the possibility of it being extended. Ideally you will be studying an accounting qualification and have been working in Accounts Payable using Excel. This job will give the successful candidate experience in both AP and AR.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Input purchase invoices
- Reconcile supplier statements
- To process invoices, using the relevant processes in Coda, to ensure that costs are allocated to the correct areas of the businesses in a timely fashion, to ensure that suppliers can be paid within their payment terms.
- Pull together supplier payment runs and enter onto banking system ready for approval
- Enter and raise payment of employee expenses. Review with Financial Controller for approval
- Assist with supplier and subcontractor queries, working with colleagues to follow up as required
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts with investigation and resolution of queries
- Maintain well organised and accurate filing systems, to enable easy location of invoices and other documentation so as to resolve queries that arise after original invoices are processed
- Raise sales invoices
- Send monthly statements
- Deal with queries from customers
- Create vendors accounts, ensure payments terms and bank accounts are up to date
- Manage vendor ledger accounts to ensure invoices are paid on time, vendor accounts are reconciled and outstanding open items are followed up on a regular basis.
· To prepare monthly Aged Creditor’s Analysis to achieve greater operational and financial control. Work with the Financial Controller to clear outstanding debts and resolve any payment queries
- Daily postings and allocation of cash book via journals into Coda
- Bank reconciliation - daily posting and reconciliation of company bank and Paypal accounts, ensuring correct allocation of payments and receipts
- Credit card posting and reconciliations
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally have 2 years or more accounts experience
- Intermediate to advance Excel
- Ideally have used Coda
- Have an excellent aptitude for figures
- Be commercially aware (Understanding of the business will be given as part of the induction)
- Have experience as an Accounts Assistant
£11.00 to £13.00 p/h
Benefits 25 day holiday per year (pro rata) plus bank holidays.
We have many different vacancies, we will contact you once we have thing suitable. Crowley Cox is acting as an employment business or agency. Crowley Cox is a specialist Financial Recruitment Consultancy. We handle appointments at all levels from Finance Directors, Financial Controllers to Part Qualified and Qualified by Experience candidates. We offer permanent, contract, temporary and interim personnel.