Have you always wanted a career in finance and are in a position where you want to build up your experience? Do you want to work for a nurturing finance team where you really develop and never be short of daily tasks?
Then look no further as a leading membership organisation is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team with immediate effect!
This is a temporary position for a minimum of 8 weeks.
As the successful Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Dealing with invoice, statement or account queries by phone and by email
- Reconciliation of customer accounts
- Process payments (cheques & credit card), refunds and credits
- Process member and account documents by reviewing data for deficiencies or duplications; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the managers for resolution
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting changes or improvements that may be beneficial
- Bank reconciliations
- Follow up process of direct debit collection
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Previous purchase/sales ledger experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills - to communicate effectively with customers, external contacts and staff in all areas of the business
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications and IT systems
- Preferably AAT (part) qualified
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion to learn and develop in their role
- Great telephone manner- there will be quite a lot of telephone queries
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confident and willing to work to a high calibre
- Comfortable working under pressure in a busy environment and able to multi-task
To be considered for the Accounts Assistant role you will need to be available for at least 8 weeks. The working hours are Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00 with 1 hour for lunch. You will be paid an hourly rate of £12-£14 per hour incl. holiday pay.
If you would like to know more about the position and others we are recruiting for at Crowley Cox please don’t hesitate to get in touch: liam @ Crowley cox .co .uk or better yet give me a call! Our number can be found on the Crowley Cox website.