Fast paced, exciting and high energy music agency are recruiting an accounts assistant for the music department. The company have ultra-modern offices in the heart of the West End. They offer a support working environment, fantastic team nights out, excellent benefits, amazing Christmas parties, social drinks evenings and free bar on a Friday. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Reports to the Finance Manager the key responsibilities include:
- Creating lists in Excel – to send out to clients and assistants, informing them of deposits which have cleared our account.
- Processing client payments in Navision.
- Checking and logging incoming client payments
- Ensure Accounting files are maintained and kept up to date
- Other projects and duties will be assigned subject to capabilities.
- Depositing and Process all incoming monies for clients and preparation (raising cheques for clients and wiring payment to clients
- Invoicing clients for commission and preparing remittance advice.
- Running reports to track commission royalties due.
- Managing client trust accounts and liaising with music assistants in-regards to accounting changes.
- Liaising with US office to coordinate US client tax exemption / withholding tax.
- Interacting with agents, assistants, buyers and client representatives daily
- Maintain a detailed reconciliation of our GBP, Euro, USD and AUD accounts
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience in an accounting role, with demonstrable understanding of VAT, withholding taxes, etc.
- Have strong IT skills, advanced Excel skills (preferably to macro level)
- Have previous experience within a similar role, preferably within the media/music industry
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, even under pressure
- Be passionate about working with numbers, able to build strong relationships and work successfully and professionally across the whole organisation
Salary £26,000 to £30,000
Benefits: 20 days holiday (plus 8 days bank holidays), pension and medical