Busy, buzzing and fast paced company are recruiting an Accounts Assistant to join their finance team. The company are a leader in their field and have won many awards over the past few years. Ideally you will have used Sage Line 50 and have a good understanding of Excel. They offer excellent benefits, training and parking.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities
- Process new customer account applications
- Use systemised follow-up procedure of telephone and email communication to ensure that all customers are aware of account balances, have approved invoices and to ascertain when they will issue payments.
- Respond to customers with invoice queries through liaison with the respective Account Manager
- Refer list of doubtful debts to Deputy Finance Manager each
- Receive all supplier invoices and highlight any that require urgent action (i.e. damages being charged which need passing onto company customers). Approve supplier invoices with reference to purchase order system and seek to resolve all invoice queries internally with Purchasing Manager before putting into dispute
- Refer all query invoices to suppliers within 5 days looking out for amendments to prices, chargeable dates, and proof of company order or delivery, VAT etc. Dispute all incorrect invoices with suppliers to retrieve any credits due or resolve as required
- Process approved supplier invoices as follows:
- Enter invoices onto accounting system using correct nominal accounts and mark as ready for payment Ensuring all supplier invoices scanned into the CRM system.
- Liaise with Finance Manager to ensure that every due payment reaches suppliers by the date due:
- Upload payments ready for authorisation using bank login provided or by other method (cheque, card, cash)
- Log all payments made correctly using Sage system
- Enter Petty Cash totals onto ledger at month end
If this role sounds like you, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me call on 020 8246 4877.
Follow Crowley Cox on LinkedIn for similar role updates!