Accounts Payable - Retail
An innovative, stylish, progressive and fast growing global retail company are recruiting an Accounts Payable Assistant or Purchase Ledger clerk to join the finance team. Working in modern, stylish offices this is a one in a lifetime opportunity to join a highly sought after organisation! Ideally you will have worked for a retail or FMCG company and have used Navision. The company offer excellent benefits, a supportive working environment and low staff turnover.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and Management Accountant you will responsible for the accounts payable process.
- Ensure that payments are made to stock suppliers from the Euro and US dollar accounts
- Enter stock purchase invoices, Euro and US dollar, into accounting package
- Match purchase orders / pro forma payment to invoices
- Maintain overseas supplier accounts ledger, with monthly supplier account reconciliations and ledger tidy up.
- Send remittance advice and confirmation letters to suppliers via email
Qualifications - AAT, or similar, preferable but not essential
Skills and knowledge
- Understanding of accounting principles, dealing with stock and suppliers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and general IT awareness. Experience with Microsoft Navision, preferable but not essential
- Experience within an accounts environment
- Demonstrable record of invoice query resolution
- Dealt with multi-currency suppliers (preferably with suppliers based in the Far East)
Working hours 9:00am to 5:30pm
Salary and benefits:
Salary: £23,000 to £26,000
1% company matched pension scheme
Life Assurance (x1 salary)
Holidays 22 days per annum
3 days additional leave at Christmas!