Busy, buzzing and fast paced retail company are recruiting a Purchase Ledger Clerk working 3 days a week to join their dynamic, friendly and approachable team. The department is social, enjoy team building nights out Friday night drinks. They are looking for a dedicated person to join the finance team on a permanent basis.
- Maintain purchase ledger - sending invoices out for scanning and authorisation
- Prepare weekly payment run for allocated suppliers and ensure correctly posted to ledger
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Assistance in reconciliation and monitoring of customer ledger accounts
- Assistance in reconciliation and monitoring of customer prepayments accounts
- Liaising with customer services to ensure customer ledger accounts are up-to-date and posting adjustments as required
- Monitoring status of customer orders - liaising with customer services or despatch as required.
- Ensure any bad debts are highlighted promptly and appropriate action taken
- Process returns and refunds as required.
- Other ad hoc duties as required within the finance department.
- Being motivated and showing initiative
- Maintaining excellent attendance and time keeping standards
- Working as a team with colleagues and management to achieve department and Company objectives
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to resolve customer queries
- Analytically minded with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Able to work as part of a large team whilst still being able to work unsupervised
£23,000 to £24,000 Pro rata
Working hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for then please don’t hesitate, apply now! You can apply via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet give me a call on 0208 246 4877.