Amazing opportunity to join the finance team as a Billing Assistant or Accounts Receivable Accountant. Working in a fast paced, busy and engaging office in central London, this role offers fantastic benefits, bright modern offices and career progression. Voted one of the best places to work, they promote from within, offer excellent training and a supportive working environment. The office is located moment’s walk from shops, bars, restaurants and central London tube station.
Providing support to the finance function in the day-to-day processing and handling of billing, estimating and reporting matters relating to client billing.
- Ensuring the prompt and accurate production of all bills, ensuring that they comply with relevant VAT rules and presentational standards
- Assist in the accurate processing of all write-offs of unbillable time and disbursements
- Dealing with any inter-folio transfers
- Preparing soft copy bills and arranging for distribution as directed
- Liaising with fee earners to resolve any queries
- Assist and support with E-Billing process
- To assist the Billing Supervisor in the provision of estimating services
- Preparing Work in Progress reports and Costs Incurred reports for clients and fee earners
- Providing billing information to fee earners on request
Person Specification (Skills / Experience / Qualifications)
- Excellent arithmetic, written and verbal communication skills are required for liaising with clients, partners and other members of the firm across all levels of the business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience of working in a partnership environment is preferred
- Confident manner, organised, persistent, tactful but firm in dealing with senior personnel in both client organisations and the firm.
Experience in Excel, Word
Skills and Qualifications - desirable
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent understanding of VAT rules relating to billing
- Contributory pension scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)
- Annual Season Ticket Loan (after 3 months probation)
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x annual salary)
- Group Income Protection (after 3 months probation)
- 20 days holiday (pro rata) per annum increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to a maximum of 25 days (with an additional day at Xmas)
- Discretionary Performance Related Bonus
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Flexi Time with the option of taking 8 flexi days holiday per year
£22,000 to £25,000
Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 020 82464877.