Do you love credit control, accounts and working for a company with excellent benefits and friendly colleagues? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic accounts department where you will have excellent career progression, working in a supportive friendly team with great colleagues. One of the leaders in their field, the company have been established for over a century and are steadily growing and acquiring similar businesses.
- Dealing with queries by telephone and email, including liaising with other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Production of aged debtors reports
- Cash allocations
- Management of legal process for overdue debts, including preparing court statements
- Attending court hearings and partaking in legal process for collection of debts
- Following up debtors and ensuring customers pay within their agreed payment terms, chasing payments if necessary, as per the company’s debt collection procedure
- Reporting to Financial Controller, Head of Finance and Finance Director
- Deal with invoice, statement or account queries by phone and by email
- Process payments, refunds and credits by following Company procedures
- Carry out credit checks on new clients
- Following company policies and procedures and developing and making recommendations where appropriate
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to getting involved in county court proceedings, including drafting legal statements (training provided)
- Excellent interpersonal skills – to communicate effectively with customers, external contacts and staff in all areas of the business
- Can set realistic deadlines and schedule time efficiently, prioritising tasks and resources
- Can identify urgent decisions and is able to take responsibility when action is imperative
- Able to deal with demanding customers in a calm and effective manner
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working requirements
- Comfortable working under pressure in a busy environment and able to multi-task
- Organised and methodical
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team
Salary £24,000 to £26,000
Working hours will be 9.00 to 17.30 hrs.
- Holiday Entitlement - holiday entitlement is 28 days per annum inclusive of any public and bank holidays. The holiday year is from 1st March to 28th February each year.
- Pension Scheme - If eligible, employees will be automatically enrolled to the Pension Scheme from which is operated by Legal and General Insurance Group, and will have the right to opt out. Employees pay 1% and company will contribute 3% into their pension pot.
- Private Healthcare - After two years continuous service employees will be eligible to join the Company Private Health Scheme.
- Attendance Bonus - Employees will receive £50 monthly attendance bonus.
- Bike Scheme - Will provide a bike Loan to all employees who ask to participate in the scheme. Please speak to the HR department.