We are a successful, dynamic and fast expanding company who have been voted as one of the best companies to work for have a fantastic new requirement for a permanent credit controller. This role is available due to one of the current team members being promoted. The environment is non corporate, relaxed dress code and they regularly arrange nights out, team building exercises and staff parties. This role carries a 10% bonus and excellent benefits.
Reporting to the Credit Manager you are required to maximize cashflow potential by prompt collection of stage payments and ensure all debts are collected.
The candidate will be professional, commercially minded, authoritative and able to demonstrate knowledge of successful credit control processes. The candidate will be able to work on their own initiative and must be resilient and respond well under pressure, show high levels of confidence, be customer focused and be able to problem-solve quickly, assume ownership of any problems and get back to our customers in as short a time frame as possible. Exceptional organisational & time management skills are therefore essential and experience of working in media or exhibitions is preferred.
Key Responsibilities/General Credit Control
- Ensuring all invoices are paid as close to due date as possible
- Contacting customers (internal and external) to telephone, e-mail and in person to ensure payment deadlines are met
- Ensuring all show debts are paid before the show open date
- Ensuring that debtor statements are sent out on time
- Ensuring all debtor queries are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring pre-show debt reports are maintained and distributed properly
- Ensuring overall debt exposure is kept to a bare minimum
- Reconciliation of sales records with financial systems to ensure everything is invoiced and numbers match between the systems
Pro-active Credit Control
- Liaising with Sales Teams to ensure contracts are properly completed and returned in good time
- Liaising with Sales Teams with regard to potential bad debtors
- Ensuring customer’s records are maintained and that credit notes and unallocated cash receipts are kept to a minimum
- To be aware of future shows and the potential debt exposure
- Maintaining relationships with exhibitors, including visiting the events for face to face communications and processing on-site payments
- Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviour:
- Familiarity with VAT and tax regulations in the UK, EU and worldwide
- Adaptability to work with different currencies and FX rates
- Confidence and adaptability in dealing with different I.T. registration systems.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards financial software
- Confident using Excel
- Be familiar with and conform to the company’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy and associated procedures
- Contribute to a team environment and maintain a good working atmosphere.
Salary £29,000 plus 10% bonus
Benefits 25 days holiday, private health care, pension, cycle to work scheme, tastecard, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and free onsite gym!