Successful, expanding and established British company who have been trading for a century are recruiting a driven, focused and high calibre credit controller. The company have large modern offices, provide excellent career progression, fantastic staff social events and team nights outs! They boast a low staff turnover and this is a new requirement due to growth. Working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm.
- Credit control via phone and email
- Dealing with queries by telephone and email, including liaising with other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Production of aged debtors reports
- Cash allocations
- Management of legal process for overdue debts, including preparing court statements
- Attending court hearings and partaking in legal process for collection of debts
- Following up debtors and ensuring customers pay within their agreed payment terms, chasing payments if necessary, as per the company’s debt collection procedure
- Reporting to Financial Controller, Head of Finance and Finance Director
- Deal with invoice, statement or account queries by phone and by email
- Process payments, refunds and credits by following Company procedures
- Carry out credit checks on new clients
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to getting involved in county court proceedings, including drafting legal statements (training provided)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - to communicate effectively with customers, external contacts and staff in all areas of the business
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
Working hours are 8:30am to 17.30pm.
Holiday Entitlement - holiday entitlement is 28 days per annum inclusive of any public and bank holidays. The holiday year is from 1st March to 28th February each year.
Pension Scheme - If eligible, employees will be automatically enrolled to the Pension Scheme from which is operated by Legal and General Insurance Group, and will have the right to opt out. Employees pay 1% and company will contribute 3% into their pension pot.
Private Healthcare - After two years continuous service employees will be eligible to join the Company Private Health Scheme.
Bike Scheme - Will provide a bike Loan to all employees who ask to participate in the scheme.