Finance Assistant- International Retail Group- Up to £24,000 per annum- Study Support- Amazing staff discount!
A leading retail company who have been around for over 50 years is looking for a budding, enthusiastic Finance Assistant to join their team! You will play a pivotal role in a small finance team and take charge of the transactional side of the accounts.
As the new Finance Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Inputting of invoices onto accounting system and enforcing payment authorization process
- Ensuring POs are matched within the JDE system and internal processes are being adhered to
- Preparing of fortnightly payment run to suppliers
- Reviewing Director commission statements and verifying BACS payments
- Inputting car calculations onto consultant accounts
- Inputting credits and debits onto consultant accounts
- Corresponding with Consultants in relation to account queries
- Maintenance of Accounts Receivable - monitor and chase payment of amounts owing
- Preparation of Daily Sales journal and processing of journal
- Maintaining the Sales module within JDE, including weekly and monthly sales reconciliations
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, monitoring cashflow, notification of any daily cash exceptions to Finance Manager
- Reviewing of Accounts Receivable Balances; recommendation of Bad debts provision and Bad debt write off
- Calculation & reconciliation of monthly accruals and prepayments
- Processing month end journal entries
- Preparing UK and Irish VAT returns
- Preparing month end balance sheet reconciliations
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be a flexible and adaptable character who can work well in a fast-paced environment
- Have approximately 1 years’ accounts experience
- Ideally you will have worked in an SME environment
- If you have experience using JD Edwards that’s great but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, sociable and entrepreneurial business where you will gain lots of exposure to accounts (month-end, accruals & prepayments etc.) and have great fun along the way! The business offer excellent benefits too such as: Staff discount 85%, Life insurance 4 x salary, Dental & Pension 6%.
This is an immediate start role to apply please get in touch ASAP! You can reach me via email on liam @ Crowley cox .co .uk. or better yet give me a call! My number can be found on the Crowley Cox website!