Highly regarded central London Law firm are recruiting an Accounts Assistant due to internal promotion. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing, dynamic firm.
Purpose of the Role
Generally providing support to the finance function in the day-to-day processing and handling of accounts transactional matters. Please note that a sound understanding of double entry principles and familiarity of working with a document management system are pre-requisites for this role.
- Supporting sales ledger services in the following activities, on a rotational basis :
- Maintaining the cash collections spreadsheet and sending daily email notification to the Accounts Supervisor and sending the cash collections pie-chart to the Accounts Supervisor and Head of Finance on a rotational basis
- Processing cash receipts and attending to allocation of cash to sales invoices on the system on a rotational basis.
- Supporting maintenance of the firm’s deposit accounts in the following activities, on a rotational basis :
- Attending to the management of the electronic inbox relating to notification of deposit account deductions
- Attending to matching processes and processing of official fees charges as necessary
- Following up queries with fee earners and/or secretaries regarding the above
- Attending to write offs of official fees from the system where necessary
- Preparing top up payment listings and arranging for payment of top ups
- Keeping the Management Accountant and Head of Finance briefed as to progress.
- Supporting purchase ledger services in the following activities :
- Coding and processing of chargeable and non chargeable invoices on the firm’s accounting system.
- Attending to a number of the firm’s payment runs as directed
- Attending to activities in support of authorisation of manual cheques and electronic payments
- Providing support to team members in the reconciliation of supplier statements
- Attending to administrative duties including distribution of cheques by post, administration of banking instructions and filing of paperwork, mostly in soft copy format into our document management system.
- Supporting accounts control procedures in the following activities :
- Attending to bank reconciliation work
- Attending to petty cash counts
- Attending to journal postings as directed by the Management Accountant or Head of Finance
- Supporting the Accounts Supervisor in the housekeeping of control accounts
- Participating in the month end close process on a rotational basis with the Accounts Supervisor, including end of day physical close and reporting
- To assist the Head of Finance, Management Accountant or Accounts Supervisor with any project related duties.
- Assisting the Accounts Supervisor or other senior members of the Finance team with any other accounts or administrative duties as directed
- To provide cover in the absence of other members of the Finance team, where appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications
- AAT qualification or similar
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent reconciliation and trouble shooting skills
All staff should work towards developing positive working relationships with their colleagues and be prepared to help out whenever necessary. Be willing to adapt to change and be pro-active in offering suggestions/solutions to problems and/or queries. All staff are required to maintain a professional image at all times.
Salary £24,000 to £30,000
Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me call on 020 8246 4877.