Global Charity have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join their finance team in the capacity of a Finance Business Partner. You would be responsible for providing high quality financial support service to budget holders within the charity including annual budget setting, monitoring and business case support. Ideally you will be passionate about working for a Charity, have a commercial background and have good communication skills, in particular an ability to convey complex financial information clearly and unambiguously to non-financial staff.
Management Information & Business Support
- Provide excellent support to business partners by providing timely, accurate information and pro-actively supporting them in understanding all information provided.
- Produce the global monthly management accounts
- Perform and document monthly variance analysis for management accounts
- Support the production of KPI data
- Produce quarterly full-cost recovered project reports for project leads
- Responsible for consolidating staff time data
Budgetary Control & Monitoring
- Monitor expenditure against budget and forecast and constructively raise any issues with budget holders
- Coordinate quarterly forecasts for budget-holders
- Lead on compiling the annual budgets with budget holders
- Support senior managers and budget holders in operational cost and budget decision-making to ensure good use of funds and accurate forecasts
- Assist in producing full-cost recovered project budgets
Training and Coaching
- Provide an internal training resource to non-financial managers covering technical financial aspects of their jobs and financial matters
- Provide support and guidance (including training) to departments as part of the budgeting cycle.
Grant Management and Restricted Funding
- Assist the Procurement Manager with grant-making queries and maintain oversight of all Programmes grants
- Support the preparation of reports to donors or funding offices on projects/campaigns
- Assist the Head of Finance Reporting, Planning& Analysis in managing restricted funding and manage the application of relevant expenditure against restricted funds
- Assist in the fulfilment of statutory reporting requirements for the charity independent entities (eg Canada, Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands)
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) relevant in-depth experience in management accounting
- Substantial experience planning, budgeting and forecasting in a complex – ideally international / multi-currency – organisation
- Experience in preparation of management information
Essential skills and abilities
- Good knowledge of Excel including Pivot tables, vlookups, excel formulae
- Pro-active approach to supporting budget holders, Experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV and/or Prophix, Project management skills and working in the charity sector
Salary £43,000 to £48,000
We have many different vacancies, we will contact you once we have thing suitable.
Crowley Cox is acting as an employment agency or employment business.
Crowley Cox is a specialist Financial Recruitment Consultancy. We handle appointments at all levels from Finance Directors, Financial Controllers to Part Qualified and Qualified by Experience candidates. We offer permanent, contract, temporary and interim personnel.