Highly respected Charity are recruiting a Finance Manger to join the accounts team. Reporting to a charismatic and forward thinking qualified head of finance, you will be instrumental in supporting the Charity with all their financial needs. This is an extremely exciting time to join the organization and you will be in the unique position to implement improvements, make changes and add value!
1. Main Purpose
- 1.1 You will be responsible to the Executive Director Finance for:
- a) Overall management of the finance team
- b) Ensuring tight financial controls are in place at all times
- c) Assisting with the overall financial management and reporting
2. Staff Management
- 2.1 You will be responsible for:
- 1 x full-time Finance Assistant
- 1 x part time (20 hrs pw) Finance Assistant
- 3.1 Preparation of financial information for Budget Managers and Division Heads.
- 3.2 Develop financial policies and procedures and ensure they are observed.
- 3.3 Play a key role in the smooth running of our annual external audit, including regular communication with external auditors.
- 3.4 Carry out month end procedures to meet regular deadlines, including:
- a) Detailed reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- b) Resolution of balance sheet reconciling items
- c) Supplier accruals preparation and submission
- d) Payroll journals preparation and submission
- e) Deferred income adjustments and reconciliation
- f) Prepaid costs adjustments and reconciliation
- g) Profit and loss analysis
- h) Assist with monthly management accounts preparation (capacity permitting, and full training will be given)
- 3.5 Quarterly VAT return, including partial exemption workings.
- 3.6 Supplier payment run approval.
4. Other/Ad Hoc
- 4.1 Manage insurance policies and annual renewals.
- 4.2 Oversee effective management of the shared finance email inboxes.
- 4.3 Assist the team with resolving queries.
- 4.4 Issue concession certificates.
5. Experience and Qualifications
- 5.1 Part qualified Accountant (AAT fully qualified, or final stage student of ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ACA); or qualified by lengthy experience.
- 5.2 Ideally have a minimum of 5 years all round accounts experience, including an element of staff management and team development.5.3 Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role (desirable).
- 5.4 Confident of carrying out balance sheet reconciliations without direction.
- 5.5 Comfortable with accruals based accounting.5.6 Proven track record of improving processes.
- 5.7 Proficient in Excel.
- 5.8 Good working knowledge of Xero Accountancy software (desirable).
- 5.9 Knowledge and experience of charitable organisations and/or leisure and culture services (desirable).
6. Skills and Competencies
- 6.1 Good working knowledge of budgetary control and accounting procedures.
- 6.2 Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial data.
- 6.3 Ability to build strong new relationships, influence and negotiate with staff and stakeholders at every level of seniority.
- 6.4 Ability to bring a strong vision of development, continuous improvement and growth.
- 6.5 Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- 6.6 Able to prioritise own workload and the team’s workload, with excellent attention to detail and to consistently meet deadlines.
- 6.7 Self-motivated, with good judgement and the ability to useinitiative.
- 6.8 Enthusiastic, resilient, driven, and flexible.
- 6.9 Willing to attend occasional meetings, workshops etc., out of hours when required.
Salary: £33,000 to £36,500