Finance Manager - Retail
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a part or nearly Qualified (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) finance manager to join a prestigious retail company. Reporting to the FD and managing one finance assistant, this role offer progression, study support and a modern office environment. Working within a supportive, friendly team the company regularly arrange team nights out, social events and have a low staff turnover. This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to progress to financial controller and take on more responsibilities.
Ideally you will be finalist or part qualified and have SME experience in a fast paced wholesale & retail organisation. Experience of stock analysis would be an advantage.
- Preparation and perform analysis of monthly management accounts for Parent company, four international subsidiaries and one international branch company:
- P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow – with commentary, to review with FD
- Monthly sales reporting and analysis
- Managing the audit process
- Liaising with local accountants of international subsidiaries
- Stock – monthly reconciliation of stock, both watches and straps & accessories, investigating any variances
- Monthly VAT returns – Parent and UK subsidiary, preparation and analysis
- Monthly intrastat and EC Sales Lists submissions – Parent and three subsidiaries
- Insurance queries – liaising with insurance company to arrange cover for photo shoots and marketing events
- Fixed asset register – maintain register on a monthly basis, ensuring all additions and monthly depreciation is accurate
- Monitoring capital projects – liaise with Commercial Team and report on variances
- Weekly & monthly cashflow forecasts
- Assist with Budget & Quarterly Forecasting
- Continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Perform analysis on cost base
- Ad hoc requests from FD
Qualifications and Skills:
- PQ, preferably Finalist
- Small company / SME experience – fast paced wholesale & retail organisation. Experience of stock analysis
Salary £34,000 to £38,000 + Study Support
Benefits: 20 days holiday, pension (3% contribution) and gym membership. The office is closed over Christmas / New Years time (3 days each year, if you work over the Christmas / New Years time these days are added to your 20 days holiday entitlement), this does not come out of your holiday entitlement.