Looking for your first move from practice to industry? Prestigious, established and financially stable company require a qualified accountant from a practice background to join the finance team for a twelve month fixed term contract.
Ideally you will be a qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant, currently working in or have recently left a top 100 accountancy practice where you were exposed to a variety of accounting areas including VAT and Tax. You will need to use Excel to an advanced level.
The Role: Reporting to the Company Director this role will primarily be responsible for maintaining strong financial controls and efficient procedures, ensuring compliance and preparing the company’s annual accounts in Excel.
Financial Processes, Controls and Improvements
• Ensuring that the financial controls deployed are strong, reflected in the office manual, communicated to all staff and carried out in practice.
• Review and update the Finance section of the intranet
• Training staff in accounts procedures and process improvements.
• Acting on annual accounts audit findings to find ways of eliminating breaches in future.
Annual Accounts and Audit
• Keeping the fixed asset register up to date
• Preparing schedules for and dealing with the auditors on annual accounts audit visits.
• Prepare the annual accounts in Excel,
• Prepare annual statements of capital balances for all shareholders.
• Completion and submission of VAT returns, EC sales lists and VAT payments to HMRC
• Preparing journals for month end close.
• Overseeing reconciliation of key nominal ledger control accounts.
• Assistance with reconciling matter ledgers and resolving shareholders queries,
• Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation pack.
• Ad hoc reporting and data extraction via SQL or VBA macros
• Preparation of annual service charge accounts and liaison with the auditors accordingly.
Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
An advanced Excel user - ideally SQL or VBA macros
Ideally have worked in a smaller Accountancy practice where you had varied exposure to many areas especially Vat and Tax.
Salary £45,000 to £50,000 20 days holiday, pension and healthcare.
We have many different vacancies, we will contact you once we have something suitable. Crowley Cox is acting as an employment company. Crowley Cox is a specialist Financial Recruitment Consultancy. We handle appointments at all levels from Finance Directors, Financial Controllers to Part Qualified and Qualified by Experience candidates. We offer permanent, contract, temporary and interim personnel.