Iconic London company are recruiting a qualified financial accountant to join their finance team reporting into the Head of Finance. The company offer excellent benefits, bright modern offices and clear career progression. This would be the perfect move from practice to industry for a qualified accountant.
The key purpose of the role is to be responsible for Month End Close, Annual Statutory Reporting and Vat and Tax returns. The role is responsible for liaising with auditors, regulators, banks, and HMRC to ensure compliance with legal and statutory regulations. The role also supports the Head of Finance with Monthly Management Reporting and improving control environment of the business.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Supporting the daily delivery of operational financial transactions including signing off reconciliations and control accounts prepared by Accounts Assistants (Accounts Receivable)
- Stock Accounting – Reconciliation & Valuation
- Monthly Accruals
- Monthly Prepayments
- Month-end and Year-End close
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Trial Balance reviews including variance analysis
- Preparation of monthly Vat Returns
- Assistance with preparation of Annual Corporation Tax Returns
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts, liaising with external auditors, and sharing presentations on new accounting standards
- Review and improvements of Financial Processes and Internal Financial Controls
- Assistance with proposing, reviewing and testing new processes within the various accounting systems
- Production of quarterly returns etc. and annual year-end statutory accounts including preparation of audit papers and schedules for Head of Finance to review
- Support the Head of Finance in ensuring that all financial accounting policies and procedures are legally compliant and reflect best practice
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with prior experience in a similar Technical Accounting/Financial Accounting focussed role.
- Solid financial accounting experience with strong knowledge of direct and indirect taxation
- Up to date with recent accounting standards and changes (e.g. FRS 102)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced Excel skills
- Sage X3 Systems experience a plus
- Experience documenting process and controls
- Audit experience with an accountancy practice preferable
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working requirements
- Proven track record of longevity of service
- Comfortable working under pressure in a busy environment and able to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Salary: £43,000 to £50,000
Benefits: 28 days holiday, pension, private healthcare and cycle to work scheme.
Apply now! Or send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 020 8246 4877 for more details.