Fantastic opportunity to move from practice to industry. Highly sought after London based company who have been trading for almost a century are recruiting a Financial Accountant to join the finance team. Ideally you will be a qualified ACCA or ACA accountant, currently working in or have recently left an accountancy practice where you were exposed to a variety of financial accounting areas. You will need to use Excel to an advanced level.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for financial and taxation reporting, financial accounting judgements, provide advice to managers and other internal customers, liaise with auditors, regulators, banks, and HMRC to comply with regulation and maximise financial resources for the group ensuring continuous improvement.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Preparation of statutory, quarterly and annual accounts, liaising with external auditors, as well as presenting financial presentations on new accounting pronouncements
- Production of quarterly returns etc. and annual year-end statutory accounts including preparation of audit papers and schedules for Head of Finance to review
- Production of monthly tax returns (CIS and VAT) and annual VAT partial exemption calculations and corporation tax returns
- Supporting the daily delivery of operational financial transactions to time and quality, including signing off reconciliations and control accounts prepared by Accounts Assistants
- Take the lead on maintaining and improving the internal control assurance framework, including financial and standing order regulations - ensuring that all internal audit recommendations are addressed on time and to the agreed standard
- Support the Head of Finance in ensuring that all financial accounting policies and procedures are legally compliant and reflect best practice
- ACA or ACCA qualified with prior experience in a similar Technical Accounting/Financial Accounting focussed role.
- Solid financial accounting experience with strong knowledge of taxation
- Up to date with recent accounting pronouncements (e.g. FRS 102)
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced Excel skills with Sage experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills – to communicate effectively with customers, external contacts and staff in all areas of the business
- Can set realistic deadlines and schedule time efficiently, prioritising tasks and resources
- Can identify urgent decisions and is able to take responsibility when action is imperative
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working requirements
- Proven track record of longevity of service
- Comfortable working under pressure in a busy environment and able to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
Benefits: Working hours will be 8:30 to 17.30 hrs. The company benefits are outlined below:
Holiday Entitlement - holiday entitlement is 28 days per annum inclusive of any public and bank holidays. The holiday year is from 1st March to 28th February each year.
Pension Scheme - If eligible, employees will be automatically enrolled to the Pension Scheme from which is operated by Legal and General Insurance Group, and will have the right to opt out. Employees pay 1% and company will contribute 3% into their pension pot.
Private Healthcare - After two years continuous service employees will be eligible to join the Company Private Health Scheme.
Bike Scheme - Will provide a bike Loan to all employees who ask to participate in the scheme.