Company Accountant - Statutory Reporting (Retail)- Salary £50,000 to £55,000 plus excellent benefits in a very accessible area of SW London!
A leading British retailer with a solid market presence and over 100 outlets have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Company Accountant to join the dynamic finance team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for the production and delivery of the business’ Annual and Interim Financial Statements. This role is perfect for a newly qualified ACA or ACCA accountant looking for a challenging role in industry.
Your responsibilities as the new Company Accountant will include:
- Tax calculation and compliance with support of tax consultants.
- In particular, responsible for the accuracy of the financial accounting and implementing technical or regulatory updates
- Preparation of E-com management accounts and business partnering the E-com team.
- Coordinate and manage relationship with the Auditors
- Preparation of audit and accounts timetable
- Preparation of Annual and Interim Financial Statements under IFRS
- Financial Statements including: Taxation, Appropriate disclosures of various accounting standards, Earnings per share calculation of basic and diluted earnings, Key risks and uncertainties - prepare a draft for FD review.
- Obtain Related Party transactions from the board and ensure these are disclosed correctly
- Complete the Key Accounting Risks and Judgements paper
- With the support of the tax advisors responsible for the preparation of the tax calculation for the period,
- Responsible for submission of all statutory documents
- Share based payments
- Financial instruments - FX hedging
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements under IFRS including all related Notes to Financial Statements including:
- Principal accounting policies - ensure stated policies accurately represent practice of the Group and are in full compliance with IFRS.
What you’ll need to be the new Company Accountant:
- Qualified ACA or ACCA with a minimum 1 years of post-qualified
- Major accountancy firm experience
- Retail background preferable
- Experience of monthly management accounts, year-end accounts and budget preparation.
- Excellent technical skills and up to date knowledge of current accounting and tax legislation
- External relationships with Auditors, Tax Consultants, Banks, HMRC and printers.
Salary £50,000 to £55,000 plus excellent benefits.
Please do get in contact if you would like to apply for the role- I’m on firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 020 8246 4877.