Market leading company urgently require an outgoing, dynamic and hands-on nearly, recently or qualified accountant to support the Finance Director on a one year fixed term contact to start as soon as possible. This role would suit a first move from practice to industry or would suit someone who has industry experience already. The company are a market leading SME who have a non-corporate culture and require a likeminded, proactive and helpful individual to join the team. The role has the potential to be extended or become permanent after the contract.
This role will work closely with the Management Accountant and Finance Director to provide flexible support for the company’s ongoing financial requirements, including:
- Bespoke, commercially-focussed financial analysis, reporting and data extraction (often via SQL or VBA macros), such as: Statistics for surveys and tenders, graphs for annual conferences and away days, interest and foreign exchange calculations, ledger reconciliations for funds and invoices/disbursements and departmental performance analyses (profitability, etc.)
- Project work with IT, Marketing, Training and other central teams where specialisms overlap.
- Assisting with revenue control by extracting information that enables fee-earners to improve their matter management and minimise their lock-up.
- Assisting with preparation of schedules for the annual audits and for submission to the accountants for tax purposes.
- Preparation of returns to the Office for National Statistics and other governmental or regulatory bodies.
These financial reporting and data extraction responsibilities often require advanced Excel skills, including SQL and the use of VBA macros. This requires a highly IT-literate individual, although prior experience of SQL and VBA would not be necessary.
All senior members of the accounts team are expected to assist with:
- Resolving fee-earner queries, re: VAT, foreign exchange, matter ledgers, etc.
- Authorising electronic banking payments and importing data for monthly payroll payment.
- Releasing payments of purchase ledger runs.
- Assisting in preparation of key returns (such as: VAT Returns and payroll).
- Helping to resolve Accounts team queries (such as: tax, Excel).
- Assisting with HR queries, e.g. data imports, data extraction.
- Ad hoc analysis
- Supporting end users
- Management information and client profitability
- Forensic accounting
- Manage and mentor accounts assistants – team of 5
- Budget questions
- Audit questions
Salary: £47,500 to £52,500
Benefits: 20 days holiday (pro rata), pension and healthcare.