Prestigious British Fashion have an immediate requirement for qualified Group Financial Controller who has 6 or more years PQE to join the team on a interim basis. Leading a team of 12, you will be working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment using SAP. Ideally you will be big four trained and have industry experience in retail.
Reporting to the FD this role involves leading a team of 12, the Group Financial Controller will have operational accounting and control responsibility across the Global business. Consequently, the main purpose of this 'hands on’ Finance leader role is to direct, drive and improve all financial activities including (i) financial accounting and control activities, (ii) the weekly cash flow forecast and reporting process (iii) management of FX transactions (iv) the management of the month end and year end statutory accounts and audit. (v) Management of both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of the monthly management accounts and development thereof.
- Support FP&A in the preparation and subsequent commentary of the month end board packs.
- Lead the development of our Financial Reporting Systems (SAP and BW) to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Maintain and enhance the month end reporting calendar, ensuring accountabilities and responsibilities are appropriately defined and managed across the business.
- Liaise with external advisors and auditors to ensure financial integrity and tax compliance.
- Manage the year end audit and work with our auditors to improve the year end statutory audit process.
- Provide technical accounting leadership across the business.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with UK GAAP/FRS102.
- Ensure a strong internal control environment exists across the group, seeking continuous improvements in productivity and accuracy of transaction processing and accounting.
- Working with the business and FP&A, maintain and improve the accuracy of stock records across the business.
- Lead the day to day control of cash flow.
- Lead the development of the weekly cash flow forecast, developing a cycle of continuous improvement in both accuracy, process, insight and foresight.
- With support from FP&A, in line with Group heading policies, lead the development and implementation of FX hedges, mitigating FX risk as appropriate.
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Lead the development of the AP/AR team in improving regular commitment reporting and cash collection procedures.
- Support the development of SAP in order to improve operational efficiency.
- Be a hands on manager, which supports the team through both leading by example and supporting others to take on new challenges, whilst having fun!
- Ensure all team members have an up to date personal development plan and SMART objectives.
- Experience as a Group Financial Controller, working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced organisation, who can deal and drive change
- Someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get things done as required
- International experience
- Operates a 'can do’/’we will’ attitude, thinking 'outside of the box’ whenever required
- Team player, always encouraging and being supportive
- Attention to detail and naturally inquisitive
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with at least to 6 years PQE, preferably big 4 trained.
- SAP experience required
- Experience in retail/clothing preferable
Day rate circa £350 to £500 flexible