We have the pleasure of representing a highly respected international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injustice, in recruiting a Financial Systems Analyst who will be supporting the global implementation of a single finance software system.
As the successful individual you will be tasked with improving the efficiency and effectiveness of organisations Global financial systems and deliver better value for money. You will provide accurate, timely and accessible systems to our finance teams around the world.
The Global Finance Systems (GFS) project has recently completed its first implementation of the new finance system in Sudan. The next phase of the project will involve rolling out the system to other of the organisations overseas sites.
You will play a key part in the rollout by designing, building and supporting additional countries within the existing overall design.
SCOPE OF JOB
- Take business requirements for new companies and translate them to specific designs for implementing in the finance system and related templates, reports etc
- Build and configure new companies within the finance system, including account codes, ledgers, users, access rights
- In conjunction with systems accountants, design solutions to accounting issues which arise during design & build
- Assist with the work of others in the project team, including testing, documentation, training and support
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Within the overall system and chart of account design already completed:
- Work with the business analyst to analyse the particular requirements for operations sites
- Work with the systems accountant to design new companies, processes, ledgers, etc based on the requirements
- Ensure that the new companies are as consistent as possible with the existing companies and system design
- Identify areas where the overall system design could be improved
- Configure the finance system to implement the new companies and all associated entities within the finance system
- Investigate and resolve issues with the configuration of the finance system
- Modify existing reports and templates as needed
· Assist the other members of the project team as required with: Planning, Testing&Training
- Write and maintain documentation relating to the configuration of the finance system, including:
- Design documentation
- Configuration documents
- Decision papers
- Assist the systems accountants and project team in providing support to users after go-live
- Keep the GFS Project Manager up to date with progress and complete project monitoring documentation as required
- Numerate degree or equivalent level ofknowledge
- Extensive experience of configuring accounting software
- Good understanding of finance and finance processes
- Experience of working on project teams
- Ability to configure accounting software and to analyse and interpret business requirements
- Advanced excel skills
- Willingness and the ability to learn some technical IT skills
- Good communications skills
- Problems solving skills
- Proven track record of delivery
The post offers a salary of up to £35,000 per annum, working 35hrs per week (9am to 5pm). You will also be entitled to 25 days leave per year -+ bank holidays, Pension Scheme contributions.
To apply please forward your CV and a cover letter outlining your interested in the role/company.
Crowley Cox is acting as an employment business or agency. Crowley Cox is a specialist Financial Recruitment Consultancy. We handle appointments at all levels from Finance Directors, Financial Controllers to Part Qualified and Qualified by Experience candidates. We offer permanent, contract, temporary and interim personnel.