Highly successful travel company are recruiting for a Guest Service Executive to join their dynamic and friendly team. You will be responsible for responding to all pre and post holiday enquiries and correspondence from guests, either by telephone, email or letter. Ideally you will have experience responding to customers via letter, resolving complaints and provide exceptional customer service in a travel related environment.
- Deputise for the Pre, or Post-Cruise Guest Services Team Leader or Deputy Guest Services Manager when appropriate.
- Supervise the Pre, Concierge or Post-Cruise Guest Services team to ensure the required level of service and communication is achieved by telephone, letter and email at all times, mentoring new team members when necessary.
- Assist with organising and coordinating team daily work as directed by the Team Leader/Deputy Guest Services Manager.
- Answer guest calls and action them according to company standards
- Deal with escalated guest enquiries or complaints from other departments and members of the Guest Services team.
- Work with the Deputy Guest Services Manager/Team Leader to ensure the teams’ and companies’ objectives and goals are met.
- Maintain the highest level of personal written communications for pre and post travel correspondence.
- Investigate and resolve all complaints in accordance with company processes and industry guidelines, in a timely and fair manner, to achieve the best possible outcome for both guest and business.
- Investigation & liaising with appropriate parties in respect of: Personal Injury claims, Legal Cases, Court cases, ABTA & Arbitration cases
- Allocate compensation based on company standards, in conjunction with the Deputy Guest Services Manager/Guest Services Manager.
- Provide information which is 100% accurate and which addresses 100% of the guest’s questions during each contact.
- Monitor the implementation of company policies and procedures for dealing with clients who have special requirements, and make suggestions to amend or improve these where necessary.
- Identify potential problems relating to guest service and proactively work to find solutions to enhance the guest experience.
- Communicate to relevant management/internal contacts information about guest needs and expectations, and levels of guest satisfaction.
- Act as an out of office emergency contact on a rota basis.
- Help with team recruitment as per business needs.
- Set an example of guest service best practice within both the team, and the company as a whole.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience in responding to guests by letter
- Two years’ experience of working in a guest services environment.
- Experience of working as a team leader/supervisor (preferred).
- Experience of dealing with and resolving complaints and involvement in the decision making processing for awarding compensation.
- Exceptional guest services and administration skills.
- Excellent communications skills, written and interpersonal.
- Good team leading and development skills.
- IT Literate - experience of travel reservation systems.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and empathise with a guest.
- Ability to deal with guests and external contacts in a professional, confident and assertive manner.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work with a dedicated and flexible attitude.
- Ability to take ownership of their own performance and development.
- A willingness to work a 5 day over 7 days shift system.
To apply - Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 020 8246 4877.