Head Cashier - Prestigious law firm
Prestigious law firm with fantastic new offices located on one of the best high streets in London are recruiting a Head Cashier to manage their legal cashier team of 4 to 7, the operation of the firm’s client and office bank accounts. The company are a leading, progressive and highly respected law firm who have fantastic benefits, provide excellent career progression and regularly arrange social events. The firm has over 250 staff including over 180 fee earners across its offices in London and the UK. Working Hours: Monday – Friday (9am – 5.30pm)
Key areas of responsibility will be:
- Leading and managing the legal cashier team or 4 to 7, (both day to day and with regards to formal appraisals) and identifying training needs.
- Operation of the firm’s client and office bank accounts, including timely reconciliation of all bank accounts, monitoring receipts, making/authorising payments, identifying and effecting transfers, managing remittance advices and liaising with the firm’s bankers.
- Accurate and timely recording of all banking and disbursement transactions, posting disbursement transactions, and posting receipts and payments.
- The management of expense claims, including checking validity, posting transactions and making payments.
- Interest calculations on client money.
- Monitoring compliance with SRA Accounts Rules
Knowledge, key skills and experience
You are likely to be an experienced legal cashier, with line management responsibility for staff.
- Thorough knowledge of SRA Accounts Rules and their practical application
- Significant experience of legal cashiering
- Experience of Elite (or a similar financial system)
- Experience of legal cashiering sufficient to contribute to the identification, design and implementation of process improvements
- Strong IT skills, particularly in relation to Excel
- An ability to lead and direct a team
Salary and benefits:
- £40,000 to £43,000
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing to 27 after 5 years service
- Contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- Corporate gym membership scheme
- Flexible working
- Permanent health insurance
- Life assurance
- In addition to the above, the company regularly arranges social events