Are you a qualified accountant who is passionate about working in the charity sector? Have you been qualified for a number of years and seeking a role where you can really exercise your experience? Perhaps you are travelling in to Central London and want to improve your work life balance and cut your commute time?
If so then look no further as a highly respected charity are looking for a new Head of Finance to join their team!
For over 100 years this well-esteemed charity has been improving the lives of communities nationwide and with this mission are continuing to bring communities together.
They are now seeking a Head of Finance to manage the team with an optimistic and driven approach!
As the new Head of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of 6 finance staff predominantly in London but travel to other UK offices is required
- Producing management reports for senior managers (weekly all the way to annual reports)
- Completing risk assessment for financial investment ideas and budgeting
- To attend committee meetings in order to provide financial support to the operational areas of the organisation
- Budgeting formulation, monitoring and financial control in all areas of the charity
- Offering financial input into the longer term plans of the committees and budget areas
- Providing management information on charity performance
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts and VAT returns
- Managing the treasury function of the organisation ensuring best use of funds and the timely collection of debts due
- Ensuring all financial documents are up to date to meet regulatory requirements
- Updating and maintaining finance systems.
- Liaising with auditors, bankers and investment managers.
To be successful as the new Head of Finance you will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Have experience working in the charity sector
- Have strong management accounting experience
- Be analytical in your approach to work
- Have a working knowledge of charity accounting, forecasting, budgeting and team management
Salary: £50,000 to £57,000
Benefits: 8% pension scheme, 28 days holiday (excl. bank holidays), private healthcare, season ticket loan and flexi-time for family leave.
The working hours: Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00