Interim Financial Controller- £300 to £350 per day- Leading International Sports Organisation- Amazing Offices with stunning views and amazing transport links! This role is perfect for a qualified accountant who is sports mad!
For well over a century this organisation has been an influential presence in their sector and responsible for key improvements in their field. They are now looking for you to become their new Financial Controller and play a key role in their growing finance team.
As the successful Interim Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and enhancing the internal financial controls, procedures and processes
- Leading the preparation and consolidation of the annual financial budget
- Manage the day to day operation of the Finance function with line management of 2 reports
- Ensuring the accounting records of the organisation are maintained to a high standard of accuracy and integrity
- Provision of accurate financial management information to stakeholders
- Regular review of financial performance and forecasts with budget holders
- Monitoring and accurate recording of grant expenditure and ensuring compliance with all financial reporting requirements to funding bodies
- Ensure compliance with VAT and tax regulations including VAT and tax return submission
- Maintain accurate cash flow forecasts and ensure appropriate treasury management practices in place
- Leading the preparation and audit of the annual report and accounts
- Overseeing the operation of the outsourced payroll function
- Conducting annual appraisals, performance reviews, team meetings
- Approving payments of invoices, expenses and amounts owed to members by BACS on a weekly basis.
To be successful as the new Interim Financial Controller you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with 2 years’ PQE
- Have experience using MS Dynamics
- Be a natural leader with a track record in successfully leading teams
- Absolutely love sports
- Have strong business partnering skills and statutory accounts knowledge
Your working hours will be 09:00 to 17:00 (Monday - Friday) with some flexi-time available, meaning you’ll have an unbeatable work life balance. In addition you will be subject to some very competitive benefits and if you’re sick of commuting into The City and want to work more locally then this is the perfect role for you!
To apply: I can be reached via email on email@example.com or give me a call on 020 8246 4877.
Crowley Cox’s LinkedIn page- give us a follow too while you’re there!