Sought after higher education institution have a interim requirement for a qualified Management Accountant to join the finance team as soon as possible. The role requires you to manage the day to day running of the Management Accounts - Academic Departments Team; liaising with the Heads of Academic Departments and the Senior Management team within Finance, to ensure that their information requirements are being met. They will be responsible for reviewing and developing management information/ reports to meet the needs of the Academic Departments and the Head of Finance. In addition you will be responsible for the management of the costing function and reporting to external grant providers. This is a temporary or interim role for two months to start immediately.
• Produce accurate, timely and meaningful monthly academic department management accounts, with supporting analysis and commentary within the agreed deadlines for consolidation by the Management Accountant – Professional Services. Liaise with the appropriate Department Accountants to explore major variances and ensuring the month-end timetable is adhered.
• Assist the Head of Finance with all stages of the Academic Department budgeting process and manage the Department Accountants in the preparation of their budgets.
• Co-ordinate the quarterly forecasts for the Academic Departments for submission to the Head of Finance
• To be responsible for developing sophisticated management reporting using a variety of software including Visual Basic for Applications, SQL and Agresso Exelerator.
• Development and preparation of the TRAC and TRAC(T) return and the production of benchmarking analyses for review by the Head of Finance by the required deadlines.
• To supervise and assist with the development and maintenance of a robust and accessible costing and pricing tools.
• Manage, support and provide guidance and training to Management Account - Academic Departments team.
• Assist with the analytical review for the annual accounts.
• Arrange and chair the monthly Departmental Accountant meetings for the team.
• Manage external research grant costing and programme pricing works carried out by Costing & Pricing Accountants. Ensure that claims for external research grant for approved projects and/or separately funded initiatives had been made.
Experience and qualifications:
- Require previous experience of working at a senior level in a similar role delivering high quality financial management information and act as a point of reference and guidance to others
- Have excellent team management skills and experience.
· An incisive, up-to-date understanding of relevant developments in higher education, including national policies, codes of practice and quality frameworks
· Excellent IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word, Visual Basic for Applications, SQL and Agresso Exelerator.
· Be a qualified accountant (e,g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
£220 to £250 per day
We have many different vacancies, we will contact you once we have thing suitable. ointments at all levels from Finance Directors, Financial Controllers to Part Qualified and Qualified by Experience candidates. We offer permanent, contract, temporary and interim personnel.