Established, growing and cash rich construction company have a fantastic opportunity for a Part Qualified Management Accountant to join their finance team. The role has come available due to internal promotion. Reporting to the Financial Controller the primary responsibilities include producing management information, month end close and maintenance of Sales and Build forecasting data and progress reports. Ideally you will have a background in residential construction or construction. Benefits: Parking, holidays 25 days, pension (up to) employee contribute 5% company contributes 7.5%, after 5 years this increases to 10%, cashplan, single cover healthcare, cycle scheme, childcare vouchers, SAYE and corporate discount cards for various retail outlets.
Main Purpose of Role
- To assist in the Senior Management Accountant with the management of the divisions’ Management Information System (MIS) database; the key divisional profit forecasting system.
- To assist the Financial Controller, Senior Financial Accountant and Senior Management Accountant in the month end close process including trial balance reconciliations.
- To develop good working relationships with the various departments within the South Division and become a valued member of the team.
- Ongoing weekly and monthly maintenance of Sales and Build forecasting data and progress reports.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of weekly Sales reports.
- Preparation of monthly Sales and Build reports.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the division’s plot forecasting system (MIS).
- Update MIS for week’s sales activity for reservations, exchanges and completions.
- Update MIS for actual Oversite, Roofed, Plastered, Completion (ORPC) events
- Update MIS for monthly re-forecast of build and sales information.
- Liaison with Sales and Build departments over dates.
- Assist in preparing Quarterly Sales Price Review (QSPR) of portfolio.
- Assist in the production of the board pack including any finance related schedules.
- Attend monthly Sales & Marketing cost review and maintain reporting and forecasts against budget.
- Prepare monthly journals as required by the Financial Controller and/or Senior Financial Accountant.
- CIS Tax Return.
- Maintain Sales Ledger accounts and other nominal ledger accounts as requested including Shared Equity Asset ledgers.
- Maintain Ground rent schedules of pre-payments and arrears position by site/phase.
- Part-qualified accountant – ACCA or CIMA
- An aptitude for developing reports from computer systems.
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, conditional formulae and database functions).
- Agresso/Anaplan/Cognos experience desirable but not necessary as full training will be provided.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Experience of preparing reports for Senior Management
Salary: £33,000 to £37,000
Benefits: On site parking, Holidays 25 days, Pension (up to) Employee Contribute 5% Company contributes 7.5%, after 5 years this increases to 10%, Cashplan Single cover healthcare, Cycle scheme, Childcare vouchers, SAYE and corporate discount cards for various retail outlets.