Payroll & Data Analyst - Retail
Highly respected, growing and exclusive luxury retail brand are recruiting an Payroll and Data Analyst to join their progressive finance team. Ideally you will have worked in a retail, wholesale environment or FMCG. The company offer fantastic staff discounts on all their products, a supportive working environment in bright and airy modern offices. The company have a low staff turnover and promote from within. They offer amazing social events, staff parties and dress down non corporate environment.
The Payroll and Data Analyst would suit a highly-motivated individual with good analytical and communication skills who is able to ask the 'so what’ questions about the data.
This role will include regular reporting of staff statistics and processing payroll for UK and Europe. The Payroll and Data Analyst will also help implement the new HRIS system and be responsible for producing all people related data to feed into the People Team strategy and support the wider business.
- To support the Payroll function, via the consistent service delivery of payroll analysis and administration, including processing, reconciliation and reporting
- Support the Payroll team with all monthly processing tasks in a timely manner, ensuring system accuracy for the monthly Payroll deadlines
- Processing of monthly payroll for UK, Germany, Netherlands and Ireland
- Support the implementation of the HRIS, including data cleansing and workflow design and become a super user for the system
- Acting as the first point of contact for HR systems issues and troubleshoot basic system and technical issues with HRIS system working with HRIS provider support to resolve, when assistance is needed
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly reports from the HRIS and Payroll as required by management
- Maintain and support the HRIS and Payroll system and other employee data sources with due care to employment legislation and the principles of the Data Protection Act
- Promote compliance to process by educating and supporting Line Managers on Payroll administration procedures
- Respond to payroll queries liaising with the wider People team where necessary
- Provide high quality reporting and statistics for Line Managers and Senior Management
- Reconcile payroll and pensions data ensuring statutory and company requirements are met
- Effectively communicate externally and internally; acting as a point of contact for all Line Managers and employees
- Support the change agenda to streamline People administration processes; embracing a cycle of continuous improvement
- Fully participate with and support the Payroll Manager and wider People Team in their co-ordination of any business initiatives that impact on Payroll
- Gather the requirements of our customers to produce new reporting or analysis, and translate these requirements into recommendations for agreement with the customer
Key Selection Criteria:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advance knowledge of MS Office systems, in particular Excel and PowerPoint Intermediate numerical, analytical, and data manipulation skills
- Good communication both verbally and written, with the ability to adapt to different audiences
- Ability to apply logical and well thought out solutions to complex situations Ability to identify efficiency improvements to work streams and processes
- Ability to understand and manage processes and associated risks relevant to work stream Ideally 1 years’ experience in a similar role and ideally at least 1 years’ experience in a Payroll role
Salary £27,000 to £30,000
- Pension contributions matched by the business up to 3%
- 25 days holiday + UK statutory bank holidays
- Generous product discount
- Social events.