Payroll Officer - Moorepay
Established, financially stable and growing international company based minute walk from Kingston rail and bus station have a requirement for a permanent Payroll Officer using Moorepay to join the friendly, approachable and bright team. The company are a leader in their field, they offer their staff fantastic training & development and their benefits are excellent. Benefits: 22 days holiday (raising to 27 after 5 years of service), pension (8% company contribution), subsidised parking, income protection, life insurance, personal accident insurance, childcare vouchers, private medical, dental plan, eye care, gym, social committee, interest free season loan, professional subscription and training and development.
The Payroll Officer will need to liaise closely with payroll colleagues in order to ensure collaborative working. Employees will need to find the Payroll Officer approachable and knowledgeable. Accurate and timely information flow between HR and Payroll will require close interaction with HR Advisors and Administrators.
- Assist with ensuring that all payrolls under the control of are paid accurately and on time, including monthly and year-end reporting; and calculation and remittance of the PSA and P11Ds.
- Maintain a working knowledge of standard payroll procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge of PAYE.
- Maintain a working knowledge of SMP/SSP/SPP
- Respond in an accurate and timely manner to internal and external payroll queries i.e. employees, HR colleagues, HMRC, DSS etc
- The commitment to work flexibly as and when the need arises.
- Any other duties that fall within the scope of this position, as required from time to time.
- Maintaining proper records and filing system kept for statutory bodies and returns.
- To become familiar with and to maintain awareness of current requirements and where applicable, the latest Industry Codes and Standards including statutory rules and regulations.
- To ensure his/ her own safety and that of others is not compromised or placed at risk.
Person Spec/Experience Required
- Must be a team player and have excellent team building and relationship skills
- Proven payroll experience
- Ability to prioritise work and achieve tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good initiative and work ethic
- At least some problem solving skills
- A genuine desire to learn and develop their payroll knowledge and experience.
- A basic understanding of payroll accounting and labour cost.
- Intermediate level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) Internet.
- Advanced level of Excel would be an advantage, as would some exposure to Access.
Benefits: 22 days holiday (raising to 27 after 5 years of service), pension (8% company contribution), subsidised parking, income protection, life insurance, personal accident insurance, childcare vouchers, private medical, dental plan, eye care, gym, social committee, interest free season loan, professional subscription and training and development.