Outstanding opportunity to work for an established, not for profit organisation with parking is available for a high calibre Payroll Officer or payroll clerk. The organisation has been established for over a century and is respected the world over. They offer fantastic benefits including 22 days holiday, Pension, Company Healthcare, Life Assurance, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Benefit Scheme.
Deliver an effective efficient and timely payroll service on time and to agreed deadlines for the company and manage their internal Payroll System.
Manage the monthly pay run for all permanent staff of approximately 500 employees.
• Act as first point of contact for all payroll queries
• Undertake reconciliation and management of monthly payments to HMRC and other government agencies e.g. Tax, NI, CSA etc.
• Input tax and student loan notifications from HMRC
• Process and finalise new starters that has been setup by HR
• Check timesheets to ensure correct computation and input of hours
• Calculations of holiday pay for each timesheet in the run
• Manual calculation of pro-rated salary, holiday, overtime rates and other changes to terms and conditions of employment
• Input overtime, season ticket loans, advances and other statutory deductions such as SSP, SMP, CSA etc.
• Export payroll file on approval for BACs transfer
• Print and distribute payslips
• Input and process employee sickness
• Input and process Maternity Pay for staff on Maternity leave
• Reconcile RTI submission with payroll reports for HMRC filing
• Process leavers after each payroll, including production of P45
• Export payroll summaries and pension GL reports to the Management Accountant.
• Reconcile payroll reports with RTI submissions after obtaining Payroll & Benefits Manager approval
• Complete timely HMRC filing for all payrolls
• Generate and distribute P60’s for all staff– approx.500
• Preparation of P11D’s
• Accurate input of tax code notifications (P9’s) for all staff
• Respond to request for duplicate Payslips and P60 details
• Undertake tax updates through payroll provider
Person specification: Essential and Desirable
1. Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel - essential
2. Experience of using HR / Payroll Systems - essential
3. Knowledge of HMRC PAYE guidelines - essential
4. Understanding Payroll - essential
5. Ability to support others and work as part of a team - essential
Salary £25,000 to £26,000
Benefits include 22 days holiday, Pension, Company Healthcare, Life Assurance, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Benefit Scheme.
Crowley Cox is acting as an employment agency or business.
Crowley Cox is a specialist Financial Recruitment Consultancy. We handle appointments at all levels from Finance Directors, Financial Controllers to Part Qualified and Qualified by Experience candidates. We offer permanent, contract, temporary and interim personnel.
Immediate start – if you are an experienced payroll assistant or officer with a number of years payroll experience and are available for your next career move read on! We have an immediate requirement for a payroll assistant working for a fabulous company with fantastic benefits and parking. This is a temporary to permanent role. When permanent benefits include 22 days holiday, Pension, Company Healthcare, Life Assurance, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Benefit Scheme.