Growing, financially stable and long established company are recruiting a Purchase Ledger Accountant or Accounts Payable to join the finance team. Ideally you will have a stable employment history with accounts payable and be able to start in March. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic accounts department with excellent benefits, working in a supportive friendly team with great colleagues. One of the leaders in their field, the company have been established for over a century and are steadily growing and acquiring similar businesses. Working hours 8:30am to 5:30pm.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
- Ensure costs are being posted to the correct cost code
- Process monthly cheque runs (twice per month) for supplier and inter-company payments
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to cheques, obtain all signatures for cheques and distribute cheques accordingly
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and work with procurement team to resolve supplier issues
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month-end/year-end closing and manage supplier payment accruals as well as providing supporting documentation for audits
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Reporting to Management Accountant, Head of Finance and Finance Director
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook, Sage experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Solid knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills - to communicate effectively with customers, external contacts and staff in all areas of the business
- Can set realistic deadlines and schedule time efficiently, prioritising tasks and resources
- Can identify urgent decisions and is able to take responsibility when action is imperative
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working requirements
- Comfortable working under pressure in a busy environment and able to multi-task
- Organised and methodical
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Salary £24,000 to £27,000
Working hours will be 8:30 to 17.30 hrs. The company benefits are outlined below:
Holiday Entitlement - holiday entitlement is 28 days per annum inclusive of any public and bank holidays. The holiday year is from 1st March to 28th February each year.
Pension Scheme - If eligible, employees will be automatically enrolled to the Pension Scheme from which is operated by Legal and General Insurance Group, and will have the right to opt out. Employees pay 1% and company will contribute 3% into their pension pot.
Private Healthcare - After two years continuous service employees will be eligible to join the Company Private Health Scheme.
Bike Scheme - Will provide a bike Loan to all employees who ask to participate in the scheme.