Global company with offices in the UK, Europe and the Americas have a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Officer or Procurement Consultant to join the team in central London. This is an excellent opportunity for a determined, driven and ambitions person to make and impact. The role offers fast career progression and the successful person will be in a great position to move up with in the company.
- Procurement specialist with activities across the whole company who supports the Procurement Manager - International, determining business demand and supply chain capacity.
- Support the implementation of international procurement strategy for the key trades and the development an international supply chain to suit the demand.
- Provide competitive and sustainable international procurement solutions, demonstrating value for money and compliance to UK requirements.
- Support the continual management of the international supply chain activity in the UK to drive improved performance/cost benefits:
- Managing UK workload and developing capacity in line with demand
- Monitoring performance of supply chain against KPI`s
- Providing feedback and taking corrective actions
- Support the integration with project and business unit procurement teams to add value and generate project savings.
- Support the group procurement functional goals and objectives within the company.
- To uphold and deliver on the key principles of procurement management:- value focused, facts and data, cross functional team working, consistent yet flexible ways of working, governance and sponsorship, project management, data capture and knowledge sharing.
Activities, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Implement international procurement strategy per trade through the different Business Units
- Implementing the global international procurement strategy and strategy per trade with the Procurement Manager - International Sourcing.
- Enlarge the international sourcing list of relevant companies for the UK
- Audit and visit some targeted companies.
- Develop a relevant and structured international supply chain per trade that is aligned to the business demand and overall strategy.
- Follow-up of the non UK-subcontractors in the UK registration and administrative process
- Update a dashboard for UK Qualification progression of each subcontractor/supplier in the UK.
- Management of the international supply chain
- Monitor the non UK supply chain activity according to their performance, abilities, workload and financial status to protect the corporate position.
- Propose international companies for each projects/trades with project teams.
- Monitor the progress of each non-UK company during the project tender.
- Coordinate contact between local purchasing team and international
- purchasing organization (portals, market cells).
- Support the local purchasing team in the analysis of the offer (compliance, negotiation, leverage, value engineering).
- Work with procurement and project teams to drive continuous improvement processes for supply chain members.
- Establish close relationships with internal clients and project teams
- Work harmoniously as a member of the procurement team
- Attend supply chain events to promote and sell and encourage teamwork
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, Private Medical Insurance, Group Pension Scheme, Company Share Scheme, Life Insurance, Income Protection, Childcare Voucher Scheme.