Based in the heart of the West end, we are a buzzing, fast paced and international agency who represent artists across the globe. There is a new and exciting opportunity for an Sales Ledger Clerk to join our dynamic finance team. Having been voted one of the best companies to work for we offer leading benefits, crazy office parties, relaxed dress code and career progression. Ideally you will have used Navision and have strong Excel. This is a temp to perm or permanent role to start immediately.
- Creating daily report using Excel - to send out to Agents and assistants, informing them of deposits which have cleared our account
- Processing client payments in Navision
- Checking and logging incoming client payments
- Liaising with banks over any payment difficulties and tracking problems
- Ensure Accounting files are maintained and kept up to date
- Depositing and Process all incoming monies for clients and preparation (raising cheques for clients and wiring payment to clients
- Invoicing clients for commission and preparing remittance advice
- Running reports to track commission due
- Managing client trust accounts and liaising with music assistants in-regards to accounting changes
- Liaising with to coordinate US client tax exemption / withholding tax
- Interacting with agents, assistants, buyers and client representatives on a daily basis to answer questions or resolve problems
- Maintain a detailed reconciliation of our GBP, Euro, USD and AUD accounts
- Previous experience in an accounting role, with demonstrable understanding of VAT, withholding taxes, etc.
- Advanced Excel skills (preferably to macro level) and the proven ability to master other software
- Experience within a similar role, preferably within the media/music/fashion industry
- A hard-working ethic a professional and flexible attitude adaptable to the nature of this business and the fact that a Music Agency is a fast paced and high energy business
- Strong communication skills a team player with excellent written and oral skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, even under pressure
- A passion for working with numbers and the ability to build strong relationships and work successfully and professionally across the whole organisation
Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 020 8246 4877.