Senior Financial Accountant
Established, growing and cash rich company have a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Senior Financial Accountant (1 to 2 years) to join their finance team. The role has come available due to internal promotion. Reporting to the Financial Controller the primarily responsibility is the production of the regional financial nominal ledger records including the monthly trial balance ensuring there are adequate controls, checks and reconciliations to enable a full regular review with the Financial Controller. Benefits: Onsite parking, Holidays 25 days, Pension (up to) Employee Contribute 5% Company contributes 7.5%, after 5 years this increases to 10%, Cashplan Single cover healthcare, Cycle scheme, Childcare vouchers, SAYE and corporate discount cards for various retail outlets.
- To assist in the production of the monthly management accounts pack as required.
- To ensure compliance with all Tax reporting responsibilities in accordance with the Group Tax Manager’s requirements.
- To work with the Finance Director and Financial Controller in ensuring compliance with the Group Accounting Policies and Procedures using the Agresso accounting system and Excel workbooks as necessary.
Principal Duties or Responsibilities
- Production of the Trial Balance including but not limited to;
- Key Profit and Loss transactions, including Turnover, Cost of Sales and Trading Adjustment journals
- Maintenance of Asset Ledgers for Shared Equity deals providing commercial information to the Finance Director
- Liaising with the Sales Department on Leasehold and Freehold queries and other post-sale contractual obligations
- General Accruals/Prepayments
- Monthly Overheads/Cost allocations
- Sales Ledger Maintenance and Review
- Maintenance of Work in Progress/Stock
- Old Site Provisions
- Preparation and review of monthly VAT return
- Preparation of annual CITB levy returns and Insurance renewal returns
- Assisting with the preparation of the Annual and Half Year reporting packs
- Reconciliation of all key balance sheet nominal ledger accounts
- Attendance at Land cost review meetings as and when required
- Liaison with other departments particularly the Group Finance Department and the Regional Land and Sales departments.
- Develop an understanding of VAT implications of various deals including dealing with elections to waive exemption on VAT.
- Inter-company transactions
- Ad hoc tasks to support the Financial Controller.
- Any other reasonable duties requested.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Professionally Qualified; ACA/ACCA/CIMA - Newly Qualified or up to 1-2 years post qualification experience.
- Systems Experience; Agresso, Anaplan, Cognos, Query Studio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Coins
- Additional Skills; Experience of the construction industry is desirable but not essential. Ability to learn quickly and work proactively with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to understand legal property/conveyancing terminology would be advantageous to this role
Salary £45,000 to £50,000
Benefits: Onsite parking, Holidays 25 days, Pension (up to) Employee Contribute 5% Company contributes 7.5%, after 5 years this increases to 10%, Cashplan Single cover healthcare, Cycle scheme, Childcare vouchers, SAYE and corporate discount cards for various retail outlets.